Registered Limited Warranty
GSB Services LLC manufactures VersaScreen Gutter Protection™, IceBlaster™, Edge Melt Systems™, and ECO™ digital controllers (the “Product”) in accordance with high standards and tight quality controls.
What Does This Warranty Cover?
GSB Services LLC warrants to you, the purchaser, that the products covered by these warranties will be free from defects due to faulty materials or workmanship and that, under normal use and maintenance, the painted finishes will not
crack or peel. This material warranty is limited to the exclusions, limitations, conditions, requirements, and legal rights in this warranty. Products covered are VersaScreen Pro, EMS and ECO components.
• 50 years on the Base Extrusion
• 40 years on the prefinished aluminum cover materials and VersaScreen materials
• 30 years on the prefinished aluminum finish
• 10 years on the VersaScreen finish
• 10 years on the IceBlaster heat cables (as supplied by Drexan Energy Systems)
• 2 years on ECO digital controllers
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
This Warranty does not cover:
• Damage of any kind resulting from faulty or improper installation;
• Changes to surface color resulting from chalking, fading, soiling, or staining. Exposure to the elements may cause these changes over time. The degree to which weathering occurs will vary depending on air quality, the building’s
location, and other conditions over which we have no control;
• Distortion of the property structure, accidental damage, impact of foreign objects;
• Airborne stains, mold and mildew accumulation, surface deterioration due to air pollution, harmful chemicals;
• Acts of God;
• Warping or distortion due to exposure to excessive heat sources;
• Products that have been painted or whose surface has been altered in any way;
• Any other causes beyond our reasonable control.
• Your failure to perform routine required maintenance for removal of debris lying on the top of the VersaScreen Gutter Protection and Edge Melt Systems product.
• Damage by animals or others
• This Warranty covers only genuine VersaScreen Gutter Protection and EMS products. It is your responsibility to verify that the product installed is genuine VersaScreen Gutter Protection, ECO or IceBlaster.
• Due to normal weathering, the replacement product may differ from that which was originally installed. We reserve the right to change or discontinue any design or color.
• There are no warranties on this product other than as set forth in this Warranty. We are not liable to you for a breach of any other written or oral express warranties, such as those, if any, given to you by dealers, contractors,
applicators, or distributors of the Product.
• WE EXCLUDE AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THIS EXPRESSED WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER ORAL, WRITTEN, OR IMPLIED WARRANTY THAT MAY APPLY TO YOUR PURCHASE, AS IT RELATES TO OUR
PRODUCTS. THIS IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
HOW DO YOU REGISTER YOUR WARRANTY?
Warranty registration must be completed online. Warranty registration must be completed within 30 days after original installation has been completed.
HOW DO YOU SUBMIT A WARRANTY CLAIM?
To initiate a claim, you should contact the installation company for service and resolution within the warranty period and within a reasonable period of time after the defect is discovered. To submit a written claim, please provide the
A copy of the original warranty registration form, a description and photograph of the claimed defect and the date the defect was discovered. Send to GSB Services LLC, PO Box 180193, Delafield, WI 53018 or email to
info@EdgeMeltSystems.com. For warranty issues with the Drexan heat cable supplied, consult the warranty information. GSB Services LLC will provide notification of any additional information and physical evidence that may be required to
process your claim.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
VersaScreen Gutter Protection is one of the most effective gutter protection systems available today for residential and commercial applications. In most cases, dry debris is removed with wind as low as 10 miles per hour. If debris is
wet or compressed, a minimum wind of 20 mph may be required. It is the responsibility of the property owner to ensure proper debris removal from the top of the VersaScreen Gutter Protection to keep it working properly. All debris should
be removed from eaves and valleys and other areas where the roof ice prevention system is installed each fall prior to snowfall for proper functioning of the system.
WHAT WE WILL DO?
You must notify us in accordance with the notice requirements outlined above, and we must validate the complaint. Upon the notification and validation, we will undertake the following:
If there is a defect in the manufacture of the product, at our sole option, we will either repair, replace, or refund the purchase price of the originally installed product found to be defective In the event that we choose to replace the
product, we will only be responsible for providing materials. For ECO digital controllers, the controller must be returned to GSB Services LLC shipping prepaid for any warranty repairs. The unit will be returned shipping prepaid in the
event it is a warrantable repair.
We will not be responsible for any cost or expense to clear any blockage or obstruction which is determined to be below grade. Nor are we responsible for any consequential damage arising from the operation or non-operation of
VersaScreen or IceBlaster products. Our obligations under this Warranty will in no event exceed the purchase price of the originally installed product found to be defective. Any additional costs and expenses beyond these amounts are your
responsibility. In the event of repair or replacement under this Warranty, the Warranty applicable to the replacement material or to the repaired product will extend only for the time remaining under the original Warranty.
Eco controllers are warranted against defects in workmanship and materials for two years from the date of sale. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from accident, misuse, or alteration nor where connected to voltage that is
more than 5% above the configured operating voltage, nor to equipment improperly installed, wired, or maintained in violation of the Operating Guide. No other written or oral warranty applies. No employee, agent, dealer, or other person
is authorized to give any warranties on behalf of GSB Services, LLC. Units returned for warranty repair cannot be modified from original shipped condition other than feeder holes for wiring. The customer shall be responsible for all
costs incurred for the removal or reinstallation and shipping of the product for repairs. Within the limitations of this warranty, inoperative units should be returned, freight prepaid, to GSB Service LLC, and that GSB Services LLC IS
NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE. Some states do not allow the exclusion of or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above exclusion may not apply to you. The
warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.