The IceBlaster by Edge Melt System Eave Panel for Metal Roofs (EP-MR) is specifically designed to prevent ice dam and icicle build up at the eaves on sloped standing seam and other metal roof configurations.
Our smartly designed system can be serviced without having to remove the metal roof system. Competitor products require a tedious installation process and, once completed, access to the heat cables requires the removal of the metal roofing panels.
The highly efficient system is comprised of an aluminum extrusion base panel/heat transfer panel which houses two runs of commercial grade self-regulating heat cable. Uses for the EP-MR are roof edges, dormer edges and other areas where roof sections present ice dam and icicle problems.
Installation is simple. The base assembly is integrated with the roof materials using standard roof edge flashing techniques. Route two runs of commercial grade self-regulating heat cable. Prefinished aluminum cover panel affixes to the base and is riveted to base panel for maximum heat transfer. Route any heat cable in gutter and downspout(s).
Expert design layout and installation guidance are available. Optional integrated drip edge is available for convenient cleating of roof panels directly to heat panel system. Gutter is optional.
- Heat output based on industrial grade self-regulating heat cable
- Base Extrusion: 6063 T5 Aluminum
- Cover and Base Panel: .040 Kynar 500 prefinished aluminum or real copper
- 50 yr on base panel and cover panel material
- 40 yr on cover panel finish
- 10 yr on supplied heat cable
- See Warranty for complete details
- Base extrusion, panel cover, and splice covers
- Mounting hardware
- C/US Listed self-regulating heat cable
- 110-130v or 208-277v (voltage specific)
- 5, 8, or 10w/ft
- Extrusions and covers are 10’ standard lengths
- Standard Colors: Medium Bronze, Matte Black, Dark Bronze, Hartford Green, Mansard Brown, Charcoal Gray, Slate Gray, Clear Anodized, and 20 oz. real copper.
- Special Order Colors: Complete line of Firestone UnaClad aluminum colors
- Standard 10' lengths can be cut to length
Download PDF product reference
NOTE: Some roof assembly features omitted for clarity. IceBlaster EMS products are fully compatible with most roof styles and systems. IceBlaster EP-MR can be installed on a roof with or without a gutter. When installing on a roof with a gutter, the gutter and downspout must be heat traced to prevent refreezing.