The IceBlaster by Edge Melt System Snow Melt Panel (SP-SM) is specifically designed to prevent snow and ice dam build up at the eaves, on lower shed style roofs, under skylights, on standing seam metal roofs, and other locations where a larger melting area is desired. The highly conductive aluminum heat transfer cover is designed to spread the heat produced by the self-regulating heat cable over a larger area thus eliminating the need to use multiple runs of zigzag cable. The highly efficient and useful system is comprised of an aluminum extrusion base panel which houses two runs of commercial grade self-regulating heat cable. Three wattage options are available to meet snow classification requirements (see Snow Classification Table). Installation is simple. Base extrusion mounts over existing roofing with supplied cleat and adhesives. Route two runs of commercial grade self-regulating heat cable. The prefinished aluminum cover panel is riveted to base panel for maximum heat transfer. Route any heat cable in gutter and downspout(s). Expert design layout and installation guidance are available.
- Heat output based on industrial grade self-regulating heat cable
- Base Extrusion: 6063 T5 Aluminum
- Cover Panel: .040 Kynar 500 prefinished aluminum or real copper
- 50 yr on base panel and cover panel material
- 40 yr on cover panel finish
- 10 yr on supplied heat cable
- See Warranty for complete details
- Base extrusion, panel cover, and splice covers
- Mounting hardware
- C/US Listed self-regulating 5, 8, or 10w/ft heat cable
- 110-130v or 208-277v (voltage specific)
- Power Connection Kit
- Extrusions and covers are 10’ standard lengths
- Standard Colors: Medium Bronze, Matte Black, Dark Bronze, Forest Green, Mansard Brown, Charcoal Gray, 20 oz. real copper.
- Special Order Colors: Complete line of UnaClad aluminum colors
- Standard lengths can be cut to length
Download PDF product reference
NOTE: Snow Melt Panel can be used in conjunction with other EMS products. The SP-SM can be fastened to roofing with a cleat, adhesive/sealant and other methods depending on roofing materials. This panel is useful for controlling snow build up on lower sloped roofs where heavy drifting is a concern.