The IceBlaster by Edge Melt System Channel Melt Panel (SP-CM) is specifically designed to prevent ice dams that occur at dormers and other areas where meltwater draining onto a roof surface can refreeze and create leak issues. These include upper valleys, gutters, or downspouts that drain onto a roof surface requiring flow to a lower drainage point. Installation is simple. Base panel mounts over existing roofing material with supplied counter channel panel cleat. Install base extrusion. Route two runs of commercial grade self-regulating heat cable. The prefinished aluminum cover panel is riveted to base panel for maximum heat transfer. Route any heat cable in gutter and downspout(s). Expert design layout and installation guidance are available.
- Heat output based on industrial grade self-regulating heat cable
- Base Extrusion: 6063 T5 Aluminum
- Cover Panel: .040 Kynar 500 prefinished aluminum or real copper
- 50 yr on base panel and cover panel material
- 40 yr on cover panel finish
- 10 yr on supplied heat cable
- See Warranty for complete details
- Base extrusion, panel cover, and splice covers
- Mounting hardware
- C/US Listed self-regulating 5, 8, 10w/ft heat cable
- 110-130v or 208-277v (voltage specific)
- Extrusions and covers are 10’ standard lengths
- Standard Colors: Medium Bronze, Matte Black, Dark Bronze, Hartford Green, Mansard Brown, Charcoal Gray, Slate Gray, and 20 oz. real copper.
- Special Order Colors: Complete line of UnaClad aluminum colors
- Standard lengths can be cut to length
Download PDF product reference
NOTE: Roof features omitted for clarity. IceBlaster EMS products are fully compatible with most roof styles and systems. IceBlaster SM-CM can be installed on a roof without a gutter.