The IceBlaster by Edge Melt System Standing Seam Retrofit Panel (SP-SSR) is specifically designed to prevent ice dam and icicle build up at the roof edge of metal standing seam roofs. The highly efficient system is comprised of an aluminum extrusion base panel which houses two runs of commercial grade self-regulating heat cable.
Uses for the SP-SSR are roof edges, dormer edges and other areas where roof slopes present ice dam and icicle problems.
Installation is simple. Base extrusion mounts over existing metal roof attaching to the standing seam with supplied attachment clamp. Route two runs of commercial grade self-regulating heat cable. The prefinished aluminum cover panel covers extrusion and is riveted to base panel for maximum heat transfer. Route any heat cable in valley, gutter, and downspout(s).
Expert design layout and installation guidance are available.
- Performance: Two runs of industrial grade self-regulating heat cable
- PanelBase Extrusion: 6063 T5 Aluminum
- Cover Panel: .040 Kynar 500 prefinished aluminum
- 50 yr on base panel and cover panel material
- 40 yr on cover panel finish
- 10 yr on supplied heat cable
- See Warranty for complete details
- Base extrusion, panel cover, and splice covers
- Mounting hardware
- C/US Listed self-regulating 5, 8, or 10w/ft heat cable
- 110-130v or 208-277v (voltage specific)
- Power Connection Kit
- Extrusions and covers are 10’ standard lengths
- Standard Colors: Medium Bronze, Matte Black, Dark Bronze, Hartford Green, Mansard Brown, Charcoal Gray, 20 oz. real copper.
- Special Order Colors: Complete line of UnaClad aluminum colors
- Standard lengths can be cut to length
Download PDF product reference
NOTE: Roof drip edge or gutter apron, ice/water shield, tarpaper, gutter, gutter strap, and other features omitted for clarity. IceBlaster EMS products are fully compatible with most roof styles and systems. IceBlaster SP-SSR Panel can be installed on a roof overhang without a gutter.