The Edge Melt System Low Roof Pitch Eave Panel (EP-LRP) is specifically designed to prevent ice dam and icicle build up at the eaves on low sloped/flat roofs. The EP-LRP is compatible with many types of flat roofing materials including EPDM, TPO, PVC, asphalt, built up/modified and metal. The highly efficient system is comprised of an aluminum extrusion base panel/heat transfer panel which houses two runs of commercial grade self regulating heat cable. Uses for the EP-LRP are roof edges, dormer edges and other areas where roof sections present ice dam and icicle problems. Installation is simple. Base assembly is integrated with the roof materials using standard roof edge flashing techniques. Route two runs of commercial grade self regulating heat cable. Prefinished aluminum cover panel affixes to the base and is riveted to base panel for maximum heat transfer. Route any heat cable in gutter and downspout(s). Expert design layout and installation guidance are available. Gutter is optional.
- Heat output based on industrial grade self-regulating heat cable
- Base Extrusion: 6063 T5 Aluminum
- Cover and Base Panel: .040 Kynar 500 prefinished aluminum or real copper
- 50 yr on base panel and cover panel material
- 40 yr on cover panel finish
- 10 yr on supplied heat cable
- See Warranty for complete details
- Base extrusion, panel cover, and splice covers
- Mounting hardware
- C/US UL Listed self regulating industrial grade heat cable
- 110-130v or 208-277v (voltage specific)
- 5, 8, or 10w/ft output
- Power Connection Kit
- Extrusions and covers are 10’ standard lengths
- Standard Colors: Medium Bronze, Matte Black, Dark Bronze, Hartford Green, Mansard Brown, Charcoal Gray, Slate Gray, and 20 oz. real copper.
- Special Order Colors: Complete line of Firestone UnaClad, Peterson PacClad, or CMG aluminum colors
- Standard lengths can be cut to length
Download PDF product reference
NOTE: Some roof assembly features omitted for clarity. Edge Melt System products are fully compatible with most roof styles and systems. The EP-LRP can be installed on a roof with or without a gutter. When installing on a roof with a gutter, the gutter and downspout must be heat traced to prevent refreezing.